Saturday, November 24, 2012

Sausage Hall :: WVRST


I finally felt a sense of relieve this weekend after finishing all my projects for 2013 budgets and 2012 Q3! Anyway, enough about work. Today, I woke up to a gloomy snowing Saturday at 9:30 am. It was early for me, but Honey Bun was already studying at the kitchen table! Whereas I was sipping on my Tazo 'Awake' tea in the messy-cozy bed, catching up on Gossip Girl (Season 6). Weekend is wonderful :)



It was almost a tradition that Honey Bun and I will go off in town to try a new place of food every weekend. This weekend, we came across WVRST - a "sausage hall and other wonders". 


WVRST has an interesting vibe. It feels part hipster, part artisan, and part rustic. It serves sausages and beer well. Their menu has a wide selection of sausages made from different meats. Though I cannot convince myself to try most of them (includes rabbit, elk, bison, kangaroo, etc...) but today's food search experience was pretty good! 


If you look at their menu here: Step 1 is to choose your type of sausage; Step 2 is to choose how you would like the sausage served: (a) on a toasted fresh bun with two toppings, or (b) in currywrvst style - sliced sausage with country bread with tomato curry sauce. I ordered the 'Duck' sausage (left) with sweet sauteed onions and jalapenos. Honey Bun ordered the 'Bratwvrst' (right) with onions and sweet peppers. Both were good, the Duck sausage had a different texture with the Bratwvrst. It was almost like a wiener comparing to an Italian sausage. Bratwvrst had a crunchier texture on the outside, which won HB's taste. Sorry I wasn't able to get a better picture of the sausages, their toppings were in the way!


Now this "letter-size" plate of fat goody is the "Dirty Duck". Basically it is a plate of belgian-style fries, fried in duck fat, topped with peppers, jalapenos, sauteed onions and a big dash of WRVST special sauce. It was a huge portion enough to feed four people well! We felt bad getting the large without knowing its size, a small would be more than enough for two people. 


I asked Honey Bun why coke always tastes better when served in its glass bottle, then he gave me a long story/theory that I wouldn't bother telling you... Long story short, it was good.


Thank you for thinking about me and dropping by!
I hope you will have a relaxing and enjoyable weekend.

"The moment you are ready to quit is usually the moment before miracles will happen. Don't give up!"

xoxo

..