Thursday, November 8, 2012

Hump Day :: Sushi


-from the left-
The Frye Company - old (very similar here or great style here)
UGG Australia - Dakota
Michael Kors - Tamargo 

I don't want snow to come, they ruin shoes.



"When you feel like quitting, think about why you started."
It was the quote of my week. Work had been extremely stressful lately. This time is for real "too much to do, too little time". I have been losing sleep, or have had poor quality sleep. Last night I had such a nightmare I woke up at 5am. Enough complaining about work, I have this feeling I've been wanting to blog about for a week but had been terribly busy to pull it all together. Let me try now (it's Thursday morning, things should be better).

We often want to go far away for vacation; eat something that's far away; explore new job opportunities that are far away; do the same things just as long as it's far way. Everything becomes special when it's out of instant reach. It's almost like an escape from reality - quoted from wikipedia, "In philosophy, reality is the state of things as they actually exist, rather than as they may appear or might be imagined." I can't write another better definition. We'd like to escape from things as they actually exist! Reality check here, let’s accept and cherish the things that exist please.

Don't take hometown for granted. Don't take family for granted. Don't take close friends for granted. Don't take colleagues for granted. Don't take local restaurants for granted. Don't take in-town entertainment for granted. Don't take local produces for granted. Don't take anything close-by for granted, it is until you lose them, then you will notice they are the elements that have created the now you.

I've had a heart-warming conversation with my parents last weekend while we had dinner. Another incident has came by last evening and my heart is warmed up to the maximum level. I've been so completely overwhelmed at work and I didn't realize I was constantly complaining in our group chat until a girlfriend brought it up. We, and a few other friends, had dinner last night and she pulled out this community centre guide/booklet (with her smiling face), trying to get me involved in any sort of activity after work to "de-stress". In her definition, this is therapeutic. She said if I choose something, she will do it with me – I don’t know how we came up with rock climbing in the end but it was the thought that counts. Thank you for (always) watching my back, understanding, helping and making time for me. I’m just so grateful to meet (and have kept) friends like these. When there’s love, money doesn’t matter. It is parents like these and friends like these, who make my life so much more content.      
 

 It was a decent Wednesday, dinner with great friends really made up for it. Again, thank you for coming out everyone. I really appreciate it.

Hump day is over! We are almost there :)

ooxx

..