Sunday, September 16, 2012

Brunch & Arts

Happy Sunday! I love autumn, it is my favorite season. Feeling warm and cozy with sweaters, boots, wrap yourself around with all different sorts of scarves, sipping on hot chocolates, lattes, leaves changing color to reds, oranges, yellows, cuddles and kisses...  :) but sadly here in Canada, autumn is probably the shortest season of all, maybe that's why I like it the most. Get the best out of it in the shortest time.



Top : Forever 21 (here), Aritzia  (here)
Bottom : Aritzia (here)
Shoes : Michael Kors (here)
Bag : Danier (here)

As you can see, I am quite upset now seeing the items I've purchased before is on a crazy sale. Why does this always happen to me...


It was Saturday, Honey Bun brought me out for brunch and a day tour in Toronto Downtown city. I can't stress to you how delish HADLEY's was! Located at the heart of Dufferin Grove neighborhood, the place is small and cozy, the decor was simple and modernly rustic. The staffs were extremely friendly and welcoming.  We were lucky the wait wasn't long until we got a seat at the bar table. It felt great to be there for a brunch on a relaxing weekend!


We ordered The Remedy, it is their signature dish - Deep friend poached eggs on shredded hash and pulled pork, smoked cheddar and hollandaise, served with coleslaw and baked beans. It was so delicious! The pulled pork was TRULY smoked, you could taste the smokey flavor from it. Though the poached eggs were deep fried but it was surprisingly very light! Everything blended in very well with each other.


French Toast is their other signature dish. They have weekly specials of different flavors of french toasts! And this week, we bumped into the Tiramisu. The toasts, the cream were all freshly homemade. It was like having dessert and breakfast all at the same time. Magnificent! Honey Bun and I both shared the dishes so we could try both things. I had the french toasts first then the remedy, and him, vice versa. Compare to The Remedy, the Tiramisu French Toasts tasted lighter, so Honey Bun said the toasts were just alright. Whereas I had the best of both worlds, I got to taste the true flavors of both dishes! We had a great time and will definitely come back for it some day!



We then headed for the AGO - Art Gallery of Ontario. Thank goodness to UofT never expiring student cards, our tickets were half priced compare to regular adult tickets! We had fun in the gallery looking at all sorts of different arts, from Contemporary, Canadian Arts, African Arts and Sculptures, European Arts, etc. I got to admit I am more of a Music person than Arts (and he is neither, haha) but we still had a wonderful time. He is more fascinated by how the paintings can be kept for more than hundreds of years till now, whereas I was in LOVE with all the picture frames that were used to display the paintings for different eras and styles.



Off to a family friend's wedding with mother soon, got to go get ready!  I hope you had a wonderful weekend like we did!  Cheers.

..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a Message