Friday, September 21, 2012

Coffee & Me

It is Friday! 
I'm so looking forward to this weekend because my favorite girlfriend is moving and will finally have a dark spooky rustic kingdom of her own! Friends will gather and create this mini crew of general labour. After the hard work, we are anticipating a late night hot pot date! Doesn't this sound terrific already?



Today I was lining up for my usual morning coffee at the cafe downstairs of my work building, the line was unusually long, and my train of thoughts just started. Over the years of drinking coffee, I have never had it the way I am having it now. My coffee habit started in high school, probably same as everyone. Coffees were meant to provide me that "wake up call" I needed for the day. I never took coffees for granted, it was like medicine to me; drink it only when I need it, just in case my system will be immune to it. Little did I know, my "addiction" for coffee has started.


Near end of high school to early university years, I had a job at a local coffee franchise. There I've learned the importance of fresh coffees, and the taste of coffee. I never cared about how the coffee tasted before, I wouldn't know if it was fresh, if that's how it is supposed to taste like. I chugged it down like a rock star and hope that caffeine will kick in asap. Since then and over the years, I've had my coffees at all sorts of different ways.


From the typical "Mom Style" (double-double), to regular (1M1S or 1C1S), to simply black, and to black with 1S. At some time, I was obsessed with flavored coffees, with soy, skinny, less foam, etc. I think I've had it all ways except I've never had it with sweeteners. Something about sweeteners that I really don't like. People say having a simple black coffee is like smoking a pack of DuMaurier. (uh... ok....)


Layering Tops : Aritzia (here), Forever 21 (here), ConversationPieces (here)
Bottom : Aritzia (here)
Shoes : Steve Madden (old) (similar here & here)

My preferences of coffees have watched me grow, or vice versa? Coffee is not only my wake up call now, but it can also be a dessert after supper. My coffee now is just with milk. I wonder when this will change again :) How do you like your coffee?

..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a Message