Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Life in Resume :: Sakura & Fish and Chips


I have been so busy for the past since I don't know when, Honey Bun and I hardly went out to eat or anything. Every week night, it's either I cook something quick (instant noodle), grab take out, or, and this is the best option, crash into my bed right after work and just sleep through the meal. I have been so busy and was under so much pressure, I almost hated everyone/everything. Year-end season is over finally!


Last Friday evening, I brought HB to High Park after work and had a lovely stroll at the park under trees and trees of full bloom cherry blossoms. He has never been, so I'm glad I added one more item on this 'my first' list. And it was so sweet and beautiful... The weather was perfect. We should've brought a cover and have a picnic. Every year I'd say this, but I seem to forget about this part every time... weird.


I have been craving for fish and chips for a long time now. Every time I tell HB I want fish and chips, he would kindly reject me. The reason is his work cafeteria serves fish and chips every single Friday; and it has been for almost 4 consecutive years he's been with the company so he is bored/tired/not a fan of it. But what I'm craving for, is real good fish and chips. Not just heavily battered, salty ones; but crispy, flakey and with an absolute fresh piece of fish fried to perfection!


FRESCO's - in the heart of Kensington Market in Downtown Toronto. We had cod with sweet potato fries and lobster po' boy! The fish was great, light, airy, fluffy and crispy; just as they described on the website. Lobster po' boy was my other favorite. The bread was lightly crunchy on the outside and so softly fluffy inside. You can tell it was fresh. I will definitely be back for more of this, HB and I both loved this place. Staffs were welcoming and I would suggest to go on a sunny day because there is hardly any seating inside of the small shop, they have few tables opened up on the patio!


And of course, what cures stress the most is shopping. HB and I did a quick run to Buffalo on Saturday! I will post up my great finds next time.

Thanks so much for reading and hope you will have a wonderful Wednesday!

xoxo

..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a Message