Thursday, March 7, 2013

Dear Honey :: Mengrai Thai & Ruelo


A simple card for my simple man. For those times I don't have time to make a card, I'd always go to Papyrus. I would almost be certain that every time I go, I would find something suitable for the person/occasion.



I brought HB out on a date on Tuesday night, dinner for two at a Thai gourmet restaurant in Downtown Toronto - Mengrai Thai. I have been to this restaurant a couple times, first time for a company lunch and second time for a dinner party. My favorite dish have always been the fillet stripe bass in tamarind coconut sauce, it's mouth-watering, I think about this dish time to time. With Honey Bun with me this time, we were able to try out more dishes like taro shrimp yam rolls, delicious! I love this place, I'm not sure if it is "authentically authentic", but it's delicious and that's all it matters at the end of the night.


This is what happens when your birthday happens on a weekday, you'd get a cake from a local patisserie. At least it was from Ruelo, their signature cake "Ruelo" was good though. For my birthday last year, the baker recommended HB the pistachio black current cake that I didn't quite enjoy (LOL). I was actually hesitant to take his recommendation again, but I did. "Ruelo" - Caraibe dark chocolate mousse on the outside, vanilla bean creme brulee in between with a layer of crispy praline on a chocolate-base sponge cake. Smooth and sweetened to the perfect taste!

 xoxo

..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a Message