Sunday, January 6, 2013

Weekend :: Brunch & Movie


It's the first weekend in 2013! I hope you all enjoyed your weekend because next week will be the first full week since the holiday!





Today was beautiful, it was quite warm actually. I only had a wool cardigan on with a big scarf and I was comfortably strolling in Yorkville Downtown. 



Today Honey Bun and I went to 7 West Cafe near Yonge and Bloor for brunch. I love weekend brunch, everything is slow, relaxing yet cheerful. 7 West Cafe is the only few places I know that opens 24/7-365-rain or shine. I ordered the Prosciutto Panino - prosciutto with bocconcini cheese, lettuce, tomatoes and avocado spread, it comes with a side chick pea salad. So light and refreshing! Honey bun ordered the pulled pork sandwich, needless to say it was tender and juicy with just the right amount of chipotle bbq sauce so the bun stay crisp on the outside. Great service, the ambiance was perfect. 


One is the funniest experience I've ever had, I've never watched a movie at a VIP theater, located at Bay and Bloor (Cineplex Odeon Varsity and VIP Cinema), actually this is the only theater in Toronto that is showing this movie. We didn't know when we purchased the tickets, until we got there, the screening room only had about 20 seats, people sipping on white wine, full service for snacks and drinks, side tables for every two people. It was totally glam.

The movie we watched was The Impossible. I knew I would want to watch this film since I randomly heard the recommendation on the radio show called "電影-fan屎-agogo". It is a disaster drama film, tells a true story of a Spanish family's experience of the 2004 Indian Ocean Tsunami. It starts as the family begins their Christmas vacation in Thailand, with the intention of spending a few days at a tropical paradise resort. The idyllic vacation is interrupted on the morning on Dec 26, 2004, when a devastating tsunami destroys the coastal zone. In surviving the disaster, the family is separated and a desperate search to reunite ensues. This movie is a must watch, heavy on the emotion, hard on the eyes, but enlightening to the heart. 


Christmas gift from best friend after her return from New York City! "A good friend hard to find, difficult to keep, and impossible to forget." Thank you my dear.

Hope you all are having a good weekend. Thank you so much for coming by!

xoxo

..