Sunday, January 27, 2013

Casual Brunch :: Divine Desserts


Happy Saturday everyone! The weather in Toronto has been a little temperamental. Last week has been extremely cold, but starting today I heard from my weatherman (Honey Bun) that it will rise a little. I'm looking forward to spring/summer/fall, I hate it when the salt gets onto my shoes and decides to leave some white marks. They are definitely not welcomed.



Honey Bun and I were planning to have brunch at Aroma Espresso Bar in Bayview Village but we bumped into Winterlicious and spontaneously we walked into Oliver & Bonacini. I've had good and bad experiences with the "Licious" here and there, that's why I don't anticipate their events anymore. But I can tell you I wasn't disappointed and was unexpectedly surprised by at every dish on the menu of my choice! For appetizer, Honey Bun and I both ordered borscht soup (red beets, cabbage and dill creme fraiche), the strangely appetizing soup started us off to an delicious brunch on a late Saturday afternoon.  


I ordered the roasted squash risotto (sweet pea, roasted wild mushrooms and parmigiano-reggiano), I very much enjoyed the slight vinaigrette taste with the wild mushrooms, it blended well with the creamy risotto, leaving you still feeling light after the entree. I like simple dishes, I'd rather prefer this than many other risottos I've had. 


Honey Bun had the Morrocan chicken burger, a real chicken patty served with cucumber, yogurt and saffron on a toasted sesame bun. We don;t eat raisins, so we asked to have it on the side. Overall pretty good.



And here is my favorite part, the desserts! The carrot cake and the brown butter bread pudding we ordered today were so extremely divine! They were sweetened to just the right taste and I can have the bread pudding again and again in a heartbeat. We both enjoyed it so much, I think I would come back again just for the desserts itself.

Overall, it was a fantastic experience, it was $15 well-spent (per person)!

Thank you so much for reading, I hope you had a good Saturday and enjoy the rest of the weekend!

xoxo

..    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a Message