Thursday, January 24, 2013

Skincare Review :: Bioderma & Lush


I hardly ever finish any make up items. Eye shadows, blushes, lip colors and etc, I have too many of unfinished items at home. Recently, I have been cleaning out my closest and my “already-tiny-make-up collection” (again). I wish I could donate make up like clothing, but unfortunately that’s just too insanitary. But when it comes to skin care, I’d always finish most of them until the very last drop. And today, I’d like to name two of my all time favorites that I have repurchased again and again. I would purchase them until they ever stop making them, in a heartbeat!


I have dry (to sometimes combination) skin. I flake during every season change. I concentrate on cleansing than any other beauty steps to keep my skin from yellowing. Bioderma Crealine H2O looks like a fancy bottle of mineral water you can find at a hotel room. Truth is, this is a relatively new technology called micellar water, and I have nothing but good things to say about it. Away are the days when makeup removers made my eyes sting like crazy, this holy water has no alcohol or fragrances and even if it gets in your eyes, you won’t feel a thing. Bioderma removes all makeup fast and easy without leaving you the greasy feeling. Now the only thing is they say it removes eye makeup, which I find it doesn’t really remove my water-proof mascara completely. In a way it’s fine for me, because I used this other oil-base eye makeup remover to make sure I take off my mascara off every strand of my lash.  I am absolutely head over heels with this product; I use it day and night. It is great for any skin type; they specialize in sensitive and/or dry skin. You can purchase Bioderma Crealine H2O at ShoppersDrug Mart; they used to have the value size 500ml for $30, but I think their promotion ended for now, it should be around $22 for a 250ml bottle. If you see the $30 value bottle, you should stock up! (and let me know…)


Ever since I’ve started using Lush – Ocean Salt scrub, my skin has improved substantially. I was filled with trepidation at first glance; those salt particles looked dangerously coarse. I was told to stir the concoction before first use and what I got was a happy mush. The lime and grapefruit scents are particularly strong in Ocean Salt, which combined with a salty tang, harkens the image of having tropical punch at an actual beach (hmm.. gosh I missed Grand Turk). The scary-looking salt turned out to act amazing when combined with the avocado butter and coconut oil, and together they make a combination of soothing, moisturized, scrubbed clean, but not raw, facial product. I have tried too many facial scrubs that I can’t even name how many, this is definitely the best one I have used so far and I think it is my 4th jug. You have to be very careful when scrubbing, only with the lightest sense of touch; feels as if you are not “scrubbing” but believe me, this thing cleans your face like a magic eraser. I don’t have breakouts/blemishes, but I did have some problems with the blackheads along the sides of my nose. The first times I used it 4 times a week, the hateful blackheads were gone! The Ocean Scrub has never left me a dry, stretchy feeling after like other scrubs; it gives me a clean crisp feeling without the damage to my actual skin layer, and we all know how important it is to keep them clean but protected. I’ve also heard the “myth” of letting it sit a minute or two after scrubbing to let the minerals absorb for antibacterial effect, not sure if that’s true. You can purchase this at a Lush store or online, $35.95 for 250g.


I’m sure we all try numerous products trying to find the ones that are best for our skin. Some we didn’t enjoy, some we’d forget, but some stay. I wouldn’t say these two products are the absolute best ones out there, but it is perfect for me.

I hope you enjoyed my humble reviews of these two products today, thank you so much for reading and have yourself a skin-glowing day!

xoxo

..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a Message