Sunday, August 18, 2013

Happy Birthday :: Farmers' Market, Delicious Meals & Beach Movie


Brunch at Cafe Belong - Eggs B - Poached eggs & hollandaise on savoury biscuit, honey glazed ham. I can go back there and have it again and again! One order was perfect for two to share.


I have been wanting to go to Evergreen Brick Works for a very long time now. We just couldn't get ourselves to wake up early on a Saturday morning for the Farmers' Market, but we did this weekend. You can read about their project here transforming a collection of deteriorated heritage buildings into a global showcase for green design and urban sustainability. The Farmers' Market was very enjoyable, I bought a few items like mushrooms, juicy apricots, huge blackberries, freshly made guacamole, etc. Everything was locally grown, fresh and organic. People there were friendly, and happy; unlike in a lot of local supermarkets where you will see many impatient and impolite housewives. I had an amazing morning!




 At the evening time, Honey Bun brought me to Richmond Station to have dinner! No, not Richmond Court, it's Richmond Station. Richmond Station is committed to delicious food and hospitality, and they scored full points while my experience there last night! Ah it was so delicious, from their charcuterie platter, to chilled cream corn soup. My entree was the Slow Cooked Halibut on spetzel, sided with sauteed spinach and parsley puree. I was worried that the fish would be over-cooked, but it was cooked to perfection. HB ordered the Station Burger. We enjoyed our dinner very much, excellent hospitality, contemporary decor.


The night ended off by going to the Sail-In Cinema to watch Back to the Future. Watching a movie on the beach with hundreds of other people was definitely experience I've never had before. I honestly don't know how HB comes up with these ideas every single year...

I mentioned to HB that he should add one more expertise in his resume after 2.5 years of intense training - it is to keep me out of my "default mode" (grumpy). Thanks HB for another amazing weekend. Regardless if it was my birthday or not, you always know how to put a smile on my angry face. I love you and you are the best.

Hope you will all enjoy the rest of the weekend and thank you so much for reading!

xoxo

..