Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Promise :: A Hockey Game

 

Back in the days when we were kids, my brothers and I watched the Toronto Maple Leafs play every winter. After so many years, watching hockey just became our bonding thing. Being a sister to two brothers is hard, we didn't play the same toys, we didn't chill with the same friends, I didn't have the "bros" hang out time with my brothers like what they had with each other. But I care about them just as much and I remember this scenario very specifically..


I was in Grade 6 and my little brother was in Grade 1. Another usual night, we were just watching hockey. He asked me, "家姐,你幾時帶我去睇Maple Leafs呀?" At that moment, I told him "I will. One day, when I make enough money, I will bring you to watch a hockey game."

十六年後過了..
今天,我終於兌現我的承諾!
感覺比買東西給自己還開心十倍!
重要的是,原來他也記得這個諾言,雖然我們從來沒有再提過這事情.

Never make a promise you cannot keep, never offer something you cannot give. No matter if you promise a child a hockey game or a grandmother a vacation; once you said it, you have to make it happen.

Trust me, the moment a promise is completed, it's one of the greatest feelings ever.

Thanks for watching our first ever Maple Leafs live game with me, Billy boy :) 

xoxo

..