Monday, September 16, 2013

Autumn Colors :: Origin & Phillip Lim Collaboration


Fall is here! It's my favorite season of the year :)

 

Two weeks ago, my girlfriend and I went to try out Origin North Restaurant & Bar - newly opened at Bayview Village just a couple months ago. I was quite disappointed actually probably because of my high anticipation. We ordered the oysters in yuzu dressing, tuna salad, curry shrimp with naan bread. These were average to my taste buds.


The only one item that really stood out was the spicy spanish fries with chorizo and manchego. It was the bomb of the night. Otherwise, everything was just okay. The environment was nice though, we had a really nice catch-up talk.



Another high-highlight of my weekend was the collaboration between Phillip Lim x Target on Sunday! One of the reasons why I love HB is that he is up for anything with me, and often more serious that I should be. We did our "scouting research" and chose our location for this line-up. We headed to the Target in Ajax at 3am was the first in line until people started showing up. I was excited yet it was a nerve wrecking moment. I underestimated the hype for this collaboration. Being first in line, as soon as the doors open, we raced to the Handbags Section and grabbed the three that I have my eyes on. Next second, before you know it, the rack was finished! My Honey Bun, so shockingly stood there, couldn’t believe what just happened in front of his eyes.

“The racks of handbags were not finished, they were vanished!” he said.

I literally laughed out loud and said “Honey, I brought you here for nothing! You didn’t do anything at all!”

Anyway, so we went home pretty fully-handed; few purses, scarf, sweater, dress. Thanks HB for coming with me even though he didn’t do anything... It was another fun experience; we love line-ups for some odd reason. I would go with him every Boxing Day, and now he’s got to come with me for every crossover event.

 Have a motivated Monday and thank you so much for reading!

 xoxo

 ..