Monday, May 12, 2014

Food Adventures :: Tacos & Crepe Cake

 

Happy Monday everyone!


The weekend was finally here - and gone! What? 
I went into work for extra time on Saturday for a few hours just so I can have some time to work alone without any interruptions for myself to finish this project. It worked and I was already off by 1pm. HB and I originally planned to do more furniture browsing but I forgot to bring out our 'book of future' - I forgot all of the furniture places we've had on our list! Oh well I guess it would be a free walk and eating day! Even better!


The weather was awesome this weekend only it was quite windy. We went to Kensington Market to have the tacos that we've never had last time we went there due to its renovation - Seven Lives Tacos Y Mariscos. I was wondering why it was $5 for a taco but it was huge and so much ingredients inside, it's literally a whole meal if you have two. I tried the Baja Fish and their signature Gobernador. HB had their something octopus and the baja fish. It was quite delicious especially the Gobernador. I've had better baja fish somewhere else though like.. at the Grand Electric.

Millie Creperie was another place at Kensington I was dying to visit since I think they are the only place in the entire Toronto that serves crepe cakes! How ridiculous right? My bestfriend and I were discussing about this and thought we should find out how to make it and open up a business. So the one at Millie didn't turn out to be amazing of course, it is very much below the ones we have had in New York - but this will do for now! How I miss the crepe cake at Lady M... *yummm*


And then after that, we went to our friend's house warming. It's amazing what kind of parties we attend nowadays. Big 30 Birthdays, baby showers, house-warmings, weddings... It's so nice to see people you grow up with building their own families and careers. We have all worked really hard in our own ways, I wish everyone the best of everything they do - and the most important thing is, be happy.

Thank you for reading and I hope you will all have a wonderful week.

xoxo

..