Sunday, June 30, 2013

Friday Date :: Restaurant Hopping!


My boyfriend is literally the best. We have been so busy these couple weeks for our friends’ wedding, HB had to catch up in studying, I had to find extra time for job searching, endless house chores and just so much activities and gatherings because summer is here. Finally we found time for a date on a Friday evening and I have never done this before but we went restaurant-hopping! Boy it was sweet, romantic, fun, spontaneous and just everything I could ever ask for after a busy week of work with HB.


I’ve wanted to go to Grand Electric on Queen West for their gourmet tacos for a long time now. They open at 6pm and I heard that there is usually a line up by 5:30pm. Luckily summer hours started this weekend and I was off early. Honey Bun got off work and came to pick me up and we went straight there. We were probably lucky because we got there at 6:15 and got the last seating spots at the bar table. The place is smaller than I’ve ever thought, and the music was quite loud, but the dĂ©cor was nice and I liked their raw lightbulbs hanging. We ordered one of each of their gourmet tacos: pork tinga, spicy chicken, beef shoulder and baja fish. I liked all of them but love the baja fish a lot! It was delicious, every taco came with some minced ingredients, right amount of sauce and was much fun hanging out there.




Then we went around the block and went to Electric Mud BBQ, which was their sister-restaurant. We ordered their famous smoked ribs, and it was really really smokey. The ribs were pretty good as well, it wasn’t the ribs I’ve had but it was still good and the meat did fall off the bone. People at this place were so friendly, I liked the atmosphere.





Our last stop was of course dessert! Nadege has become one of my favorite places, they have the best macarons for my taste buds, pretty looking and tasty cakes and you’ve got to try the almond croissants! We always get them for takeout so we can have it for our breakfasts the next morning. This time I’ve tried the pistachio strawyberry custard tard (ohhh heavenly!) and HB had the praline. We shared a cup of americano and it was the perfect date. 

Thank you so much for reading and I hope you had an awesome long weekend!

xoxo

..