Sunday, April 27, 2014

Busy Weekend :: Haircut & Furniture Shopping


This weekend, HB and I finally had time to go out for a walk. 


We have been so caught up in life lately, it's not even funny. There is always an appointment after work, or more appointments on the weekends. This Saturday, we have decided to just make it OUR day. We went downtown for furniture shopping - saw quite a few amazing pieces, they are on our list! And we visited our all time favorite ramen joint - Santouka. What a lovely afternoon...

So about furniture shopping, we have budgeted quite a generous amount of money on the sofa, dining set and the new bed. These are the core items and too important in life. I will save money on the other small pieces, but those are generally where our budget is going. We saw this L-shape condo size sofa that we love, it's pretty much decided that this is going to be the one - $1700. We are going custom made this 4-seater dining set - $1400. And still on a hunt for the bed that we have in our mind for... Furniture shopping is so much fun! It's funny how I would spend $2k on a sofa no problem, but wouldn't buy myself a purse that price. I guess everyone has a different perspectives and priorities in life, I am longing the home that I have been dreaming for all my life.


Other than that, I have been shopping a little for my summer wardrobe at Oak + Fort, my new favorite shop. They have a location at Shops @ Don Mills. I bought a few tops and just staying basics as usual.


Also letting my broken nails breath for a weekend... 


Ah! And finally got a hair cut plus color after a month of crazy schedule! Bye bye white hair and thanks my most beloved hair stylist - Ken Lam :) He seriously makes it perfect every time, I don't even need to ask.


I got a scar on my face under my nose from an accidental scratch lately :( Trying to cover every imperfection with a smile! Smile is always your best make up. When life gives you lemons, make lemonade!

I guess my 'relaxing weekend' didn't seem so free after all, but it was great and too short as always!

Hope you are having a wonderful weekend and a fabulous week ahead! Thanks so much for reading.

xoxo

..